Safety, Security, Quality Assurance and Environmental Affairs (SSQE)
Cashman Equipment Corporation and its affiliates are committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our employees, customers, partners, vendors and the public. No employee is expected to carry out any activity where there is reason to believe that their own health or safety or that of others may be jeopardized. Each employee is fully supported in a decision to discontinue or not perform an activity that involves unacceptable health, safety or environmental risks.
In the areas where we operate, we are committed to providing:
- A Safety, Security, Quality Assurance and Environmental Protection Process
- Training Related to SSQE
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Effective SSQE Instructions, Guidelines, Procedures, Policies and Processes
- SSQE priorities in project planning, construction and day-to-day operations
- Prevention of incidents, injuries, illnesses and casualty loses through proper controls to protect employee, public and environmental health and safety
- Continuous improvement of work processes
ISM Code (International Safety Management), established by the International Maritime Organization (IMO), promotes a safety culture and requires that a company develop a Safety Management System (SMS). This process allows a company to give safety and environmental protection the priority in their operations. CEC has obtained the relevant Document of Compliance and Safety Management Certificates for their individuals operations. All CEC vessels undergo internal and external audits in order to maintain compliance.
ISPS Code (International Ship and Port Facility Security), established by the IMO, is a set of measures to enhance the security of vessels and facilities. The ISPS Code is implemented through chapter XI-2 Special measures to enhance maritime security in the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), 1974. The Code has two parts, one mandatory and one recommendatory. All vessels undergo internal and external audits, as appropriate, in order to maintain compliance.